Re: On being short

Well, I'm just under 5'5" and I ride an RT.  When I have something on the
pillion seat, I lift my leg so it's horizontal to the ground and then put it
over the set and down the other side.  This means that my riding trousers
have to be loose enough to allow me the room to perform this athletic
maneuver.  It's a little awkward, so I try to avoid putting stuff behind me,
but on long trips, that's just not an option.

I also try to make myself a little taller by wearing boots with a thick sole
and heel. And my orthotic inserts in the boots help a bit as well.

I can almost flatfoot the RT with the seat on the lowest setting and my
shock is probably shot at 56k miles.

Oh yeah.  You can mount by stepping on the left peg, as well.  That works
best when the bike is on the centerstand, but can be done on the side stand
if you're cautious.

HTH

LindaT.
http://www.customtankbags.com
Now - TankBags for 1800 Wings
Springfield, VA (suburb of our nation's capital)
AMA IBA HSTA BMWBMW
99 R1100RT Mr. Buzzy
95 F3 Purple Haze
00 KLR250 Super Sherpa Tenzing