Re: Shocks

Things were kinda busy when I replaced the shocks, so I did the back
one first, and a week later, replaced the front one. Replacing the
leaking back shock made a big difference. The new shock felt tighter
and the back end felt more planted. It made the old ride seem mushy, as
if I had been riding with a low tire.

I thought that would be about the extent of the change, since the back
shock was probably bad and the front shock was probably still okay.
Anyway it seemed okay until I put the Ohlins on the front too. I
remember thinking it had sharpened and smoothed out the handling so
much the old shock made it feel like not only was the front tire low,
but the rim was square.

A couple of weeks after replacing the shocks, I took a 3 week tour in
the Southwest...Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon and all around New Mexico. It
was great. The bike felt new again...probably better.

Karl