Re: Shocks

In a message dated 12/4/03 10:58:06 AM Mountain Standard Time,
robert.silas@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> like to stay on paved roads, are these roads gravel surfaced???

Yes, the Burr Trail is gravel/dirt, beginning at the sign for CanyonlandsNP
on the North end. But I routinely see passenger cars on this route, despite the
sign at the beginning of the trail's north end which warns, "Caution:
Primitive Road Next 75 Miles". To a GS'r, that's like throwing down the gauntlet. I
was disappointed to find just how unchallenging it was... but it is a pretty
ride through the heart of Canyonlands Ntnl. Park, and I enjoyed the feeling of
solitude that comes with getting off the beaten path. The next year my buddy
went with me on his K1200LT. The only dicey spot is Bullfrog wash, as you near
the end of the trail at Ticaboo... if it's dry, no problem. If it's running
high, you'll need to take a long detour to get to Ticaboo (but that might not be
your destination anyway).

Check out the Canyonlands Ntl. Park website, or do a google search for Burr
Trail. They'll probably have some pictures, too. Contact me offlist if you want
to see a few of my pics from a couple of years ago.

Brian in Boulder
'01 BMW R1150GS
'02 Yamaha WR426F
'87 Honda ATC250ES