RE: New guy message..

I have an early 97 R11RS with 16K Miles.  It shifts much harder than any
airhead I have owned or own.  This results in a tired almost sore foot after
a lot of traffic type riding. It also will on rare occasion slip out of 2 or
3rd gear. If I shift slow and deliberately while preloading the shirt lever
it helps.  I bought it with about 6 months left on the warranty.  The dealer
was unable to make it slip out of gear but replaced the tranny oil with
synthetic BMW type.
Is there a way to tell if this tranny is one of the older pre M97 types?

Dave Coburn