- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Minor, Bob"

| Was the slip and then quick re-engagement the only symptom before your
total failure?  Back when I first experienced this, I engaged in numerous
discussions on the "big list" concerning this problem and no one ever
motioned that it could lead to a "total" failure.  In fact one person stated
that they had ridden that way for 40K with no additional problems.  Like
mine, his slip-clunk began right after a repair for the leaking input seal.

| I have no intention of putting $2000 into my bike right now.  And I do
like to ride far from home. By the way, what happens when the intermediate
shaft breaks?  Does it cause a wheel lockup?