[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Battery vs. Tender
- Subject: Re: Battery vs. Tender
- From: Marco S Hyman <marc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:05:35 -0800
> >Battery Tenders make good float chargers, but very bad "battery
> >chargers". Give the battery a full charge on a real battery charger,
> I have no scientific credential to back me up, but I would heartily
> disagree. I have a seven year old battery in my R90 that I brought
Depends upon the "tender" according to Motorcycle Consumer News in their
Feb 2001 issue. They tested a bunch of charger/tenders for three
1) Initialization: first time charging of a new battery
2) Maintenance: the ability to maintain a charge without so high of
a voltage as to boil off battery water.
3) Restoration: re charging a discharged battery.
The "Battery Tender 6A" was excellent in all 3 areas. The Junior got
4.5 out of 5 in Restoration. The "Battery Tender Plus" was 3.5 out of
5 in Maintenance and 4.5 of 5 in Restoration.
Chargers rated 15 of 15 were
Battery Tender 6A
Yuasa 900 mA