Re: Subject: ** 2002 R1150RT -- List of recommended mods **

My '94 RS was fine until 40K miles when I bottomed out the front shock on a bumpy road.  I replaced the OEM Showa with a Works front shock.  It has been great.  The bike now has 100K + miles...probably time for a rebuild.  At 65K miles an Ohlins was added to the rear.  The bike's handling felt better than new w/both shocks.  Handling is, after all, what I like about this bike. It was the best money I spent on the bike, but prices were a lot cheaper then for an Ohlins.  I'm glad to hear the newer OEM shocks are much better.  Happy New Year!

John Van Deren
Montpelier, VT