Blasphermer!

Rob told me he blames the lower octane gas that he
initially recommended using in oilheads.  But he qualified
it by saying that few of us put over 85k on our bikes and
maybe it was something else.

And my .03 (inflation) on surging and the 1150RT:  my 1100s
surging was easily cured with 0=0 but the 1150 did not
respond to it. The final cure was the TFi (not the 259, it
was not out yet.) My mileage dropped a bit but the bike was
finally rideable.  A local dealer, who does not like people
messing with their bikes, says dual plugging is the
accepted method of curing the surge...only $1200 if they do
the work!  Sorry, I'll peddle the 1150RT first and ride my
surgeless, powerful, sweet, beautiful, etc. FJR 1300 before
I spend another $500-1200 on it.

> <<< Bob Lentini blew a hole in a piston after 87K miles.
> He advocated
> mid-grade gas, larger valve lash clearances, Autolite
> spark plugs (which are
> a bit longer than stock) and advanced timing.   I don't
> know if he used GS
> tubes on his RS, but something he was doing or some
> combination of what he
> was doing caused a severe problem over time. >>>

=====
Russ Locke
San Antonio, TX
(but a Coloradian forever....)
'02 R1150RT, '98 KLR650, '04 FJR1300, '64 TR4
PITS, MOA, Oilheads, VTR, etc.
MSF Rider Coach
end