Re: oilheads-digest V1 #47

In a message dated 1/4/2004 8:34:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, bill@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< I tend to think the holed piston is more likely to be caused by the longer
 Autolite spark plugs, which I would imagine place the spark closer to the
 piston crown.  Yes?  No?  Does Lentini say WHERE the hole is?  Cheers, Bill
 Barrett >>

I don't think the Autolite is any longer than the original plug that was
designed for the oilhead.  I remember some discussion about it and everyone came
to the agreement that, in this rare case, size didn't matter.  I used them in
my RT for about 90K miles with no problems.

Jim Moore
San Diego, CA
'02 R1150GS