Re: Blasphemer!

>>I've
>>been running my '95 R11GS on mid grade fuel for 132K, after having
>>drivability problems with premium

>I'm curious what kind of "drivability problems" you had while running the
>recommended grade gasoline.

I'm curious to know where you determined that premium is the
recommended gasoline!

BMW recommends 90 Octane (at least that what is recommended for my
R1100R).  Around these parts, mid-grade is 89 octane, which, for all
practical purposes, is 90 octane.   Trust me, the people refining the
gasoline do not want to get fined for selling lower then advertised
octane (I worked in the pertroeum distribution industry for many
years).

You are not going to have any problems running 89 octane, unless your
bike has a lot of carbon build-up in the heads.  Then either run
premium or clean your heads.

Running higher octane than is required is just pissing $$$ out the
pipe.

Wayne Woodruff
http://www.jtan.com/~wayne
Chalfont, PA