Re: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <rennsport@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

> On Tuesday, Jan 6, 2004, at 11:27 US/Eastern, Louis F. Pechon, Jr.
> wrote:
>
> > Robert
> > Have you considered the fact a motorcycle is a pure pleasure item?
>
> Non-sequitur. But to answer your question, it is not about what I think
> is a pleasure item. If BMW wants to remain at 2%  of the US market
> fine, but, do not expect the motorcycle buying public to flock in
> droves for overpriced underpowered bikes.

Harley does and their marketing has been very suscessful. You wait in line
to buy a bike from Harley at full retail, and in many cases, pay a priemum
for accessories you really didn't want.   Marketing a product that has
emotions is a strange bird without logic.  The people at BMW live well and
are having fun in the process.  Stock holders are doing well.  What more can
you ask for.  Your points are valid but emotions kick in and defy all logic
and reasoning.  I love to ride my Norton even though it marks it's teritory
with oil leaks and shakes like a quarter operated bed in a cheap motel.