RE: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

<<< -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Steve Makohin >>>

	I've felt, along with other friends that BMW makes
motorcycles because it can. If they make money, great, but
how many car and motorcycle manufactures are there? This
goes big over in Europe I'm guessing. Unlike here, in Europe
bikes and cars are sold side by side. For some reason that
approach is considered a bad one for the NA market. I'm only
speculating, but the motorcycles are an afterthought. Hell
they were an afterthought from day one; BMW was a air plane
engine builder. After WWI, they were banned for making plane
motors. BMW had to do something, so we started getting
motorcycles. Nobody at the time was probably very excited to
stop making air plane engines.