RE: Well, R bikes are weak, but...

<<< ----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of PGK75S@xxxxxxx

Undoubtedly what kept Ford from winning LeMans, oh, wait a
minute, they did,
several times.  Or what has held the small block Chevy from
success in any
form of racing.  Pushrods in the R259 motor are only one tiny
part of the puzzle,
engine design like many things in life is a series of trade offs.
You also
have to consider things like cam profiles, rod/stroke ratios,
expected service
life, port volumes, valve sizes and an almost endless list of
variables that
determine engine characteristics. >>>

	Trade offs... my trade of was I wanted ABS, couldn't afford a
K12RS, didn't find a nice pre-98 K-bike. Now I'm sold on
telelever. I'd like to check out a GTS-1000 Yamaha but they old
made those two or three years. They had problems with the ABS and
the RADD suspension I've HEARD was not all that great. Like I
said, I'd like to check one out.
	The other thing I've HEARD is forks are ultimately better, but
ever time I try a forked bike, I feel like something ain't right!