Re: oilheads-digest V1 #49

On Friday, January 16, 2004, at 09:01  AM, Don MacQueen wrote:

> Smart companies please the core first.  BMW seems to be ignoring that
> group, *and* seems to be standing still technologically and
> stylistically.  If they do that, my RS (and apparently for him,
> Robert's two RSs) will be just fine.
>
> --
> ____________________________________
> Don MacQueen, Shelby NC

Don,  My sentiments exactly.  When I go to the show room, I see my bike
still there.  Why buy another of what I already have?  But, I don't
agree that BMW is staying the same in their technology.  They have
always had a long model run before making big changes.  The new GS is
just around the corner.  And we can expect the other models to follow
soon thereafter.  These bikes provide what you say you want:  More hp,
less weight.  I also expect that the handling and air management will
be greatly improved.  This based on the current S model being better in
these areas than my RS.

So I think there is plenty to look forward to with BMW.  They just take
a long time to take each step.  I think it's fair to say that when BMW
comes out with a new model, they are usually ahead of the curve
relative to the rest of the industry (cat converters, ABS, Telelever,
fuel injection etc.).

Bob Hadden '98RS

Robert B. Hadden
Northeast Tower Service Corp.