Re: Recent list discussions

From: "Don MacQueen"

| Tim writes:
|
| >but is the average cyclist who only rides a few miles once in a while.
|
| A motorcyclist who only rides a few miles once in a while would be
| better served by rider training, riding more miles, or not owning a
| BMW (or any other 550-800 pound motorcycle.  Linked or servo brakes
| are the least of that rider's worries.

I absolutely agree, but we are talking about a motorcycle manufacturer.
They can only control the product that they sell.  They cannot control
whether or not you are a skilled rider.

| >My point is that although a
| >system may not work well in its first generation, that does not make it a
| >bad idea.  I personally don't want linked brakes and do not have them.
| >Freedom of choice.
|
| News flash:  If you want a current generation BMW motorcycle you
| don't have that choice,

I certainly could be wrong about this, but aren't the linked brakes only on
one model?

| and without negative feedback to BMW from
| prospective buyers, you may not GET that choice!!!

I agree again.

| Don MacQueen, Shelby NC

By the way I LOVE North Carolina, I travel there at least half a dozen times
a year.  I usually am in the high country area around Boone and Blowing
Rock.  You truly are blessed to be so close to such fantastic riding areas.
I have been toying with the idea of moving to the area.  What are your
favorite roads and riding areas?

Tim