Re: Recent list discussions

| On Saturday, Jan 17, 2004, at 11:04 US/Eastern, beemerphile1 wrote:
| > BMW
| > riders probably have a far higher than average number of people who
| > have
| > completed a training course of some type.  It is accepted as general
| > belief
| > that BMW riders put above average mileage on their bikes.
|
| Hold on, you just said that BMW riders have a *far* higher average of
| people who have completed a training course of some type. These people
| should know to use the front brake and not need help from the linked
| system.
| Robert
| 95 R11RS
| 88 KRS Special

If BMW only sold bikes to existing owners, that would be a good point.
However, if a company only sells to the existing customers, that company
will die.  I am getting older as is everyone else.  For an example, the
R1200C was designed to bring in new owners.  BMW is trying to bring in new
customers, and that customer has to survive long enough to learn what you
and I already know about riding.

Tim