rims

James H. Nazarian,  Ph.D. wrote:

>  Actually, BMW's "soft rims are a good example of good engineering. If
>  collision with a pothole, or a curb, or a chunk of road debris is
>  unavoidable because of traffic conditions, or weather conditions, or
>  even careless driving, etc.,

AAAAAAAAA

That is such nonsense.  If they were a freaking example of good
engineering, NO WAY they wouldn't have promoted them as such.  Also
NO WAY they would have done warranty or goodwill replacements of bent
rims, because they would have "performed as designed."

Another way to look at it, if soft rims were such a wonderful and
beneficial safety feature, why haven't ANY other manufacturers
blessed their customers with them?

I know this is rude, J.H.N., but do you believe that "extra heft"
improves stability too???

- --
____________________________________
Don MacQueen, Shelby NC