Poor gas mileage

Thanks for the responses. To clarify, I have never had a problem with
surging. When I bought the bike it was stock. I put on the Remus and
followed the list suggestions about pulling the ccp and resetting the
computer. The oxygen sensor is still in place. I didn't notice the bad gas
mileage until, because of bad vibration, I took my bike in to have the
valves adjusted and my mechanic (not dealer) suggested syncing the throttle
bodies.  Afterwards, the vibration was gone, but the gas mileage had
dropped. Then it started vibrating again. I took it back and my mechanic
said the throttle bodies weren't staying synced and asked if I had ever
replaced the throttle cables, saying something about the '95 cables being
defective. He suggested changing the cables this winter. I am sure that my
gas mileage was not this bad before the valve adjustment/throttle body
syncing. I am in Laconia, New Hampshire, so if any of you are local and
knowledgable about these issues, please let me know. I can't ride now, not
just because it is cold, but also because there are so many candidates and
staffers on the roads, it's dangerous.
Thanks, again.
Peter
http://mail2web.com/ .