Re: Poor gas mileage

[snip]

>I didn't notice the bad gas
>mileage until, because of bad vibration, I took my bike in to have the
>valves adjusted and my mechanic (not dealer) suggested syncing the throttle
>bodies.  Afterwards, the vibration was gone, but the gas mileage had
>dropped. Then it started vibrating again. I took it back and my mechanic
>said the throttle bodies weren't staying synced and asked if I had ever
>replaced the throttle cables, saying something about the '95 cables being
>defective. He suggested changing the cables this winter.

The mechanic is correct about the cables, but I fail to see how the
cables could impact mileage.  As you stated, the mileage was fine
before the servicing, so it must have been something done in the
servicving.

Eilenberger's Law#3 - Troubleshooting: Look where you last worked.

http://www.monmouth.com/~deilenberger/laws.htm