Re: Requesting low cost bike insurance company serving southern Ontario

"john h. outlan" writes:
 > A thought...should the insurance be cheaper way up north where the bike is
 > parked 3-4 months a year, than in the deep south where it's on the road all
 > year?

It's not that simple.   The 4 months the bike is off the road is probably
offset by the greater likelyhood of accidents during the spring due to
rusty riding habits :-)

In my somewhat limited experience insurance rates vary by zip code.
A move of 20 miles can cause rates to change drastically.

The best way I know to lower rates is to raise your deductible.   In my
case I also skip collision and comprehensive.   If I have a bike stolen or
totalled once every 20 years (less than 12 if you take into account the
money you can make with the money you don't pay the insurance company)
I come out ahead.   So far I'm way ahead (never had a bike stolen nor
have I crashed one).

// marc