Re: GS negatives?

At 9:07 AM -0500 2/6/04, Bob MacFarland wrote:
>That new R1200GS looks pretty sweet.
>
>How do people who own a GS feel about the (lack of) wind protection?
>That would seem to be the only area lacking. Are there any other
>aspects about a GS that would bother an RS rider?
>
>Bob

Not a problem at all. There was some buffeting initially, no matter
the screen position. I solved this by trimming the upturned lip and
extending the arc of screen rotation so it would lay flatter.

http://Diesel.smugmug.com/gallery/19465/1/661996

Far better to have a smooth flow of fresh air than be pounded by
turbulent buffeting. As to aspects that might bother you... lack of
on-board storage is a common complaint. I use Aerostitch tank
panniers to make up for the puny under-seat storage space. Obviously,
it's a taller bike...

- --
- - andrew, Berkeley, '87 R80, '00 R1150GS
- - "Moto per Mangiare, Mangiare per Moto"