Re: Wishlist

On 2/8/04 3:50 PM, Bob Hadden kbhadden@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>On Feb 8, 2004, at 2:44 PM, Bruno Valeri wrote:
>
>> Recently there's been discussion re the growing need of styling
>> updates.
>> One model I'd like to see updated is the RS. This bike seems less
>> targeted styling-wise, than other models. And that's a shame.
>> This is a great sport-tourer and could possibly appeal to more
>> riders who presently don't ride a BMW.
>>
>> I think BMW could pick up quite a few sales if it refocused the
>> look on this bike to suit the rider who wants a more sporting
>> touring bike. Styling could possibly be a little snazzier to
>> appeal to younger demographics.
>
>Bruno,  I went to a very cool show about the new GS at Max BMW in
>Portsmouth NH yesterday.  They went into some detail about the new
>design and components.  It seems a sure bet that about 2006 model year
>we will see new RS, R, and S type models with the new motor.  No way
>would they waste the time on the present platform with the new motor,
>frame, and electrics on the production line for the new GS.  I'm
>scheduling a new bike buy for spring 2006.  RS of course!

Before I get too excited, I assume you mean the newly introduced GS's
engine when you say "new motor". Correct? If so, it's not nearly enough
of a "step up" from what I already have to get me to do silly things with
my income, especially considering my current bike is paid for. Just *my*
two cents' worth.

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin