Re: Wishlist

BMW designed a "New Motor" when they came up with the "K" bikes.  That was a
new concept, a new motor.

The oil-head can be considered to be a "Newer Boxer" because there were some
radical changes from the Air-head, like slipper bearings on the crank shaft,
the four valve (only new to BMW, the CX500 had it in '78), etc.

The frame is really new:  the suspension is still the newest thing.
I consider the oil-head "R" bikes' suspension unique, a real new idea.  A
new frame with a newer boxer engine.

In engineering  something completely new is very rare.  Engineers are trying
to use the experience obtained from previous designs and improve those.  No
point to reinvent the wheel, but we can and should improve it.

This is going on with the oil-head "R" bikes' engine, they adding some newer
ideas based on past experience.   Nothing wrong about that, this is
evolution but it's not a NEW ENGINE.

Another thought:
The only reason to go in two steps from 1100 to 1200 cc is sales gimmick,
let the customer see always something new.
>From 1100 to 1200 cc is not a great step, could have been done in one
step!!!

FWIW
Bob Silas