Re: RS thoughts

R11rider@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>For me, the most exciting thing about the R1200GS is that a new R1200RS is
>not long to follow.  I LOVE my bike and I've resisted a change since '94 yet
>thoughts of a new RS based on the new GS have my adrenalin pumping (cabin fever?
>).  I'd love to hear from some other RS folks out there.  What's it look
>like..a new RS by next spring?  North Georgia, watch out!

I have heard nothing official (nor would I expect to, since I have no
connection with BMW) but the *rumor* that reached me from a the owner of
a dealership who I think is a pretty good guy, said probably nothing
until 2006. No idea if this is true or not. I'll tell you one thing,
though, I am strongly considering picking up a new R1150RS just to be
rid of the 5-speed tranny, and have that nice 6-speed unit. The
"agricultural" aspect of the 5 speed really detracts from my riding
enjoyment. I love the bike, but hate the tranny. A better tranny would
really allow me to enjoy riding more. Of course, an R1200RS with that
new motor would be wonderful!! I would buy one immediately, if it were
available.

Bob