Re: [Fwd: RT Linked Brakes]

 > downhill dirt roads or any situation where one would ordinarily like to
 > apply ONLY the rear brake. I like the RT, but end up on crappy roads a

Been there, done that, was too busy to take pictures.   The linked brakes
do not bother me in that situation.

But then the linked brakes rarely bother me at all.   Either I've got very
used to them or the initial sensitivity, especially with the foot lever,
has mellowed over the last 24K miles.

The only thing I don't like about the brakes is that if you grab a handful
*fast* they over brake.  A review of the system says:

  Electro-hydraulic boosters automatically raise line pressure the instant
  that ABS sensors detect the rider's touch on the brake lever, meaning that
  stopping distances are decreased because reaction time is lessened
  (according to BMW, and easy to believe once you've ridden the bikes).

I think this means the system applies too much brake then backs off.   On
my bike this only happens if I grab the brakes fast.  It's as if the system
assumes that fast braking implies the need for full braking.   Not so... at
least not so for me.   Slow steady pressure, however, is fine.

So, on muddy/dirt/gravel roads I take extra care to not grab the brakes
fast.  Besides that there is no problem.

// marc