Re: [Fwd: RT Linked Brakes]

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob MacFarland" <emoto1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Fwd: RT Linked Brakes]

> Yes, engine braking is good and all, but what I was trying to
ask about
> in a specific way was experience downhill on mud or other
slippery
> surfaces, where if one did NOT have linked brakes, one would
wish toi
> apply the rear brake only.

It would have been impossible (or at least very difficult) for me
to complete this ride by applying strong front brake. I needed to
sit way back on my seat (mountain bike style) and use the rear
brake with only the faintest use of the front. Otherwise it would
lock.

Likewise going around the steepish hairpins would have been risky
using the front.

http://pages.infinit.net/mcrides/nwfld03/nfld037c.htm

Bruno
Montreal, Canada