other stuff

Wooohoo, gone is the link brake thread.  Now the dreaded surge thread....I suspect most oilheads, especially RTs, surge a little.  It's when it becomes objectionable, an subjective point, that it is a problem.  My FJR surges a little but it is in a very narrow range and is not objectionable (to me...others have added the Power Commander to rid them of the surge.)  My 1100 RT surged but was fixed by a combination of fine tuning and 0=0.  My 1150RT surges in spite of everything except the TFi.  I can stop the surge with it but mileage suffers a little.  Techlusion recommends running the O2 sensor disconnected AND the stock LPB.  I'm going to reconnect the O2 and try it in 'Stealth Mode' just for grins.

I was just kidding about tires........

And oil.....but I have to say I've switched to diesel oil and I like it.....Rotella synthetic, that is.

As for the FJR, I mentioned before, the one for sale with 300 miles is a divorce situation.  I think the problem with selling one now is the '05 orders are going in and the '05s are blue.  Also, I never heard Yamaha say anything about a shortage....it's simply a marketing ploy, and a good one, to sell only those that are spoken for in advance.  No such thing as left over inventory.  Dealers also like the plan as they don't have to worry about floor plans.  As for love them or hate them, I haven't heard anyone say they hate them.  Several have sold them because they are too fast or too sport oriented.  I agree but being able to peg my fun meter at will is adictive!  And a set of risers and a RIck Mayer seat will detune the sport position if not the power.  (I picked up a warning for speed on my FJR break in ride, same as I did with my 1150RT...)

oilheads-digest <owner-oilheads-digest@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tires, blah, blah, blah,

Oil, blah, blah, blah

Surging, blah, blah, blah

BUT nothing about linked brakes!

Russ Locke
San Antonio, TX
(but a Coloradian forever....)
'02 R1150RT, '98 KLR650, '04 FJR1300, '64 TR4
PITS, MOA, Oilheads, VTR, etc.
MSF Rider Coach
end