Re: Spline Lube

 > A scott oiler will take care of this task for you.

A scott oiler will make day-to-day maintenace the same as that of a drive
shaft.   It will not reduce the need to adjust chains as they stretch,
replace chains when they stretch too much, nor to change drive sprockets
as they wear.

 > Oh and a worn chain with a little "slop" in it will not leave you
 > stranded as worn splines can. Gee, a chain sounds more reliable than
 > the uber shaft drive...

But a broken chain can.   Note: I'm not knocking chains.   They are better
at delivering power to the rear wheel.   They do, however, require more
maintenance.  Yes, the maintenance is easier.   Well, can be easier.
On some bikes it's a pain to change the drive sprocket.

// marc