Re: Spline Lube

Tom:

A BMW mechanic for 30 years!!!!  That is some pedigree....  I am sure you
would be in the know.

The fact that you are going onto your third tranny worries me! What has
causes theses to fail?  I am concerned for my 98 R1100RT as the I was not
happy with the way the oil looked when I changes it last time.  Sort of
reminded me of metal flake paint.    I switched to 85-140W oil after that
and the shifting improved so I hope whatever was going on will continue to
do so more slowly or stop completely.

Eckhard