Re: Buying a trailer to tow a bike.

In a message dated 3/21/04 5:11:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
egrohe@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<I am planning to buy a trailer to tow my bike (98 RT)to more distant riding
venues.  The model I am planning to buy is a Kendon dual rail model. What
are your thoughts and or experience with this model?  The instruction book
for the trailer that I got off of the internet says that the height of the
trailer hitch ball should be 22".  The highest hitch I can get it on my car
is 18".  Has any one got any experience here?>>

    I have a two-year-old Kendon dual rail. I love it. The fold-up feature
makes it store easily so my neighbors don't have to look at it.

    I pull it with an Acura SUV, and I use an offset mount on the ball. (to
lower the ball to 20"). This makes the trailer ride level and it rides
beautifully, tracks very well with one or two bikes, even if the weighrt is grossly
unbalanced (R1100S on one side, Honda XR100 on the other). I did suffer a tire
failure, and the tire store guy said the OEM tires Kendon fitted were junk, so
i got a ste of Carlisles. I found Carlisles in thr right wheel size, with
chrome rims and tire mounted up, right at the local Wal-Mart, a week after I paid
twice as much at the tire store for just the tire.

Tom Cutter