Re: R1150RT clutch speedbleeder.

In a message dated 3/22/04 10:42:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
John.Veilleux@xxxxxx writes:
<<I've been lurking here for a few months and this is my first post to this
list. If you don't mind I would like to start off with a question.
I ordered a set of speedbleeders for the front and rear calipers as well
as the clutch filler adapter of my 02 R1150RT. The part no. I received for
the clutch is SB1010S as shown on their website. I removed the grub screw
from the adapter and tried to screw in the speedbleeder. It doesn't fit,
the cone end being way too big. Now before I phone up Speedbleeders and
explain my problem, am I installing the speedbleeder at the right
location? Has anybody run into this already? My repair cd doesn't show any
other bleed point for the clutch. TIA.>>

    You have to remove the fitting that the grub screw was threaded into.
Then the speedbleeder will fit right in. The fitting is retained with Loctite, so
it comes out kinda hard, A little heat from a heat gun would ease things
there.

Tom Cutter