Re: Making Plastic Black

At 11:49 AM -0600 3/30/04, Tom Brown wrote:
>First rule:  Stay away from Armor All and other cheap products containing
>lots of silicone.  When you use these and then let the black stuff get out
>in the sun, it turns brown...you've probably seen this on tire sidewalls
>when they're Armoralled by the car wash.

But isn't silicone grease in general a good rubber conditioner and
rejuvenating agent? I've been using it on Big Brass Screw O-rings and
carburetor rubber with no ill effect, and the fork gaitors on the R80
have not faded to brown with exposure to sun.

- --
- - andrew, Berkeley, '87 R80, '00 R1150GS
- - "Moto per Mangiare, Mangiare per Moto"