Re: torque wrenches

I bet a lot of people are using torgue wrenches with ranges up to the 150 ft lbs... and the clicker type are really bad.  The range of these wrenches are mostly  past the usefull range for BMW.  Mostly you are in the 25 to 45 ft Lbs range and sometimes  much lower.  I use a 1/4" inch pound wrench, It works really well on the lower torque stuff.  YOu have to multiply by 12 is all to get the right number if it isn't given in that damn figg_newton units!..

With the high range clicker models 25 ft lbs doesn't make much of a click, almost no sound and very little feel so it is easy to go past the desired torque and strip something.

I also use short handled ratchet wrenches till i put the torque wrench on, it keeps you from getting too much leverage.  Us muscular types need to be on constant watch..(NOT).

Paige