Re: Ohlins shocks ... nightmare!

> I question why BMW would sell a robust, long lived bike with sub-standard
> shocks??  I believe that, like the engine, transmission etc they take a
> while to run in - say around 30 to 40 thousand miles and they're on
song...

> Regards
> Clive Liddell

shocks are kind of like a good pair of shoes.  they get more comfortable the
longer you wear them.  unfortunately, while shoes may cover your feet and
feel good, your shocks wear out.  you probably are not noticing that simply
because you have grow accustomed to your bikes degraded handling.  20k on a
set of quality shocks is quite a distance considering what you expect them
to do for you.  substandard OEM shocks?  well lets put it this way, if you
choose to replace them with ohlins or other high end aftermarket shocks, you
will think your bike has been reborn.  leaking is no indication of wear on
your shocks.

this is probably the single best aftermarket addition any owner of a bmw can
make to their bike and their riding enjoyment.

gt
or