Dolphine Windshield follow up

Where to begin... 5'8"tall, 30"inseam, 224 lbs, 38 yrs old. Previous major
bikes with miles
ridden. 83 R100RS-45 K miles, 89 K100RS-ABS 20K, 87K75C+S 20K. Minor bikes
owned
and ridden for fun overlapping the primary bikes. 77 R100S, 64 R69S, 63 R27
each of these
got about 2K per year in addition to the 10 K per year on the primary bike.
The R11 is the longest I have owned a bike and of course the most miles. Family
time cuts into riding time which is not all bad, two kids and all.

     The windsheild I got from Bobs BMW. I believe it was about $135.00 plus
shipping. My local dealer does not like dealing with Z-technic and refered me
to Bob's. His excuse is that Bob's keeps an inventory of the stuff and when my
dealer orders something it takes many weeks to recieve anything. This thing
sort-of fits the R1100RS, the Bobs guy said I should buy the R1150 bracket
assembly for $100 more, that to me was too much money.
Whne the sheild arrived I was able to remove the Z sticker for the the center
of the shield on the bottom. on the left side the name "DOLPHINE" is maybe
silkscreened on and I am afraid to chemically remove it because it may cloud the
plastic. Back to the mounting The
1100 sheild has 4 holes and the 1150 has 6. the center 4 holes almost line
up. The hole locations on the screen are about half a hole wider per side than
the R1100RS bracket. So what I did was, is to use a rat tail file and slotted
the holes to fit. I had some left-over larger dia. stainless washers with
rubber backing from a previous windshield to cover my modification. The airflow is
similar to an R100S, but the bubble is wider. Airflow is very clean, Even with
the screen kicked up. the wind hits me about shoulder high. I hope this
answers your questions. Ask more if you can think of any.

Steve Sz.