Re: R1100SA 2-plug top speed disappointment

I am looking for some data on the top speed of the R1100SA; preferably
either radar, lazor, or GPS derived. The BMW literature mentions either
139 mph or 140 mph and that was one of the main reasons I chose this
model.

Mine is a 2004 or 2003 1/2 R1100SA with 18,600 miles on it and is now
wearing Metzeler Z6s.

On my trip down to Branson, MO, with large system bags on, a small
Helen2Wheels bag across the top, and a small Ventura pack on the rear
rack, I could only get 116.8 mph while tucked. [This was a 6th gear
roll on from 80 or 85.]

Today, I tried it without all the junk hanging out and it was 118.2 mph
tucked; very disappointing. I tried tit a couple of ways; through the
gears shifting at 8000 rpm and the 5th and 6th gear roll ons. All were
the same.]

The bike seems to start to run out of steam around 107 mph and slowly
reaches 118 mph. [Of course, the speedometer is wildly optimistic,
indicating 125 mph or so.

Does anyone have any data? Are there any obvious things I should check
or have checked which would cause the apparent 21 mph loss of top
speed?

cheers.... jack, '04 R1100SA, Waterford, Connecticut, U.S.A.