Subject: RE: Fuel pump noise. (Fuel filter)

BlankI'm Al Peirson, and I approve the following message:
When replacing the fuel filter DO NOT replace with a BMW filter.  I had a
decline in performance on my R1100RT.  When I checked the fuel filter, I
found it was very chintzy.  Made of plastic and had come apart.
Fortunately, it was inside the tank, and enough fuel made it through for the
bike to run, although the performance suffered.

I went to Auto Zone and purchased a Deutsch automobile filter for a fuel
injected car, which was made of metal, and cost about $3.00.  Or use a
Purolator F20011 fuel filter from Pep Boys.  Or any fi auto fuel filter of
similar specs.  I installed it in place of the cheesy BMW filter, inside the
tank.  I expect it will be o.k. for at least 50,000 miles.  I have 80k on my
car, and have never changed the fuel filter, and have had no problems.

Al

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of Blank Bkgrd.gif]