Re: Rockster & Prices

Hi Matt,
I've got the Rockster critter, switched to it from the K1200RS 98 and
absolutely love it round town, feels significantlt lighter.. very torquey
motor (like it more for town work than the R1100S I had).  I found the riding
position felt way beter than the lower seat ( by the feel) and higher sit up
and beg bars on the R1150R roadster.

Handling on this is a ball, with a little more weight on the wrists than the
standard R corners I found going into corners way more enjoyable! (no chicken
strips left :) )

As far as trips? haven't done yet, but being able to slap luggage on it was a
plus. Only bummer was that Ventura don't make the luggage rack able to stay on
at the same time like the K12RS one.. The Brakes a simply unreal,
the "grabbiness" takes a little getting used to but I've never had an ABS BMW
(this is the 7th one) with such a direct feel, no more slushy lever syndrome...

Was actually looking for the K12S (actually had a deposit down) but the
insurance factor scared me away for awhile.... until they're secondhand
anyway... but being a class 4 (here in Oz) I'm forking out $430AUD for full
comprehensive cover.. and that's a plus..

Try it!
Bry
(does great wheelies to... ) :)

Quoting Matt Christenson <hey_mistercomix@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Thanks, Bob.  I'm sure you're right, and I do like the
> Rockster.
>
> But I'm actually looking at the Rockster versus a few
> other non-BMW bikes.  (another Guzzi, Ducati, etc...)
>
> So does anyone have any input on the performance of
> the Rockster?  I'd most want to know how well the bike
> itself performs on twisties, trips, etc...
>
> And anyone have any feedback on prices actually paid?
> You can email me offline if that works better.
>
> Thanks mucho.
>
> Matt
>

> --- Bob MacFarland <emoto1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Matt Christenson wrote:
> >
> > >Hey all,
>
> > My opinion is that an oilhead is an oilhead is an
> > oilhead. Well, ok, the
> > R1200C is a *little* different, but the rest are so
> > similar except for
> > fairing/styling/ergonomics and minor gearing changes
> > that you are safe
> > to simply pick the one that appeals to you.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > --
> >
> >      Eventual Master of the Obvious
> >       R1200GS   GSXR1100WS   CB750F
> >        DoD   EMOTO BMWMOA   SOHC4
> >
> > Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun.

They say I have a short atten...LOOK! A COW!!