Damned Brakes

Bruno:

> SNIP
> Last summer, BMW dealer parking lot. I'm following a rider
> on a 2003 RT1150. Slow pace.
> Exiting the parking lot, leaned over, hits the brakes. Down
> he goes. He had a very surprised look on his face.
>
>> Any suggestions?
> Maybe a newer generation with revalving and re-calibrating
> of the brain?
>
> SNIP

Riding lessons strongly recommended here.  Lesson one, don't hit the brakes
in a slow turn or a fast one.   "Slow, lean, roll....In that order.   Slow
the bike, lean it in then roll on the gas.

Changing the brakes isn't gonna help and it'll buy you a whole lot of
warranty troubles.   The brakes on these bikes are the one thing I'll have
my dealer service 100% of the time.   I'm not going to remove any lines for
any reason.  The pad compound is pretty effective in all kinds of riding and
they stop you in all situations.   It's not broke.  It's very hard to fix,
so why fix it?

  This guy is looking for something outside of himself to blame his troubles
on.  Learning to ride well is a humiliating experience just like learning
most other things.

These brakes are a bit different to use.  Until you ride these bikes for a
while, they can be a little difficult to ride smoothly, but it can be done
fairly easily once you are accustomed to the response from the brakes.

- -TB