RE: Metzeler tire question

They are good tires, lots of people really love them and get a lot longer life
than MEZ4's etc.  I ran a set and liked the way they performed but didn't get
super mileage out of them.  They lasted about 7500 miles (and probably had
another 500 left, but was prepping for a trip).  As a comparison, I usually get
5-6k out of a set of MEZ4's.  I hear lots of claims of 10-12k on them, but ...
The Pilot Roads turn in a little quicker than the Z4, but didn't seem to have
quite the wet traction of the Z4.  The Pilot Roads also didn't seem to need to
warm up as much as the Z4's.  My next set of tires will likely be the Z6's.
Hopefully, they'll get close to my all time favorite, the Pirelli Dragon GTS.

Davis Eichelberger
SW Virginia
'96 R1100RT