Re: Metzeler tire question

On Sun, 16 May 2004 14:46:45 -0400, Ken_Ahrweiler@xxxxxxxxx (Kenneth
Ahrweiler) wrote:

> >SNIP
> Have any of you list members used the new Z6 tires or can anyone answer
> any or the above questions including a phone number for Metzeler
> ????????

Try this link, i.e., the Metzler home site and look under Sportec Z6

http://www.metzelermoto.com/product_info/index.asp

There is also a downloadable brochure about all their tires.

I replaced my worn out Z4's with Z6s at Daytona this year. The Z4's had
12,600 miles on them, now the bike has about 19,500 and I am quite
satisfied with the Z6 performance and wear. They feel good in the rain
and cold and seem to me to "get sticky" sooner than the Z4s.

My only criticism is that I don't feel as confident on "tar snakes"
with the Z6 as I did with the Z4. This feeling comes from only one
incident when I was pushing the bike really hard under full
acceleration while traversing several lanes on a concrete bridge
surface and I thought the rear walked out about an inch and it was
unexpected. It could have been almost anything, e.g., an oil spot, poor
riding technique, my imagination, a wind gust, etc., and not due to the
tires at all.

The Z6s look like they are wearing better than the Z4s. The rear has a
solid rubber surface in the center of the tire (the sipes do not go all
the way across the tire, so I think this gives better wear. The front
sipes do go all the way across.

The Z6s, like the Z4s do not hunt on grooved or metal bridge surfaces.
In fact I don't even notice a change in the feel.

As you can see, I am very happy with them.

cheers.... jack, '04 R1100SA, Waterford, Connecticut, U.S.A.