RE: Metzeler tire question

> I second that, the GTSs are the best wet-weather tires I've
> ever had and not
> too shabby in the dry either, it's a shame they were
> discontinued.  How do the
> Pilot-Roads compare in the wet?  I had the chance to ride an
> R11S with Pilot
> Sports
> through a lot of wet weather and they were the first
> Michelins I'd liked in
> the wet, from what I can find though they seem like a
> relatively low mileage
> tire?
>
> Cheers
> Paul
> NJ

The Pilot Roads seem very close to the GTS in wet weather traction.  Haven't
ridden on Pilot Sports so I can't comment as to the comparison.  The Pilot
Sports are a lot stickier and lower mileage than the Roads, similar to the
difference between MEZ4/6 and MEZ 1 or D205 vs D207.

As an aside, the GTS still shows up on Pirelli's Euro sites, just not the US,
wonder why they stopped importing them?

Davis