Re: Dunlop 220

 Tom Brown wrote:

  Davis:

    The first release of the D220's were terrible, lots of tales of short life.

  My
  understanding is they have altered the compound and life is better now, but
  haven't run a set and can't validate that claim.

    Davis Eichelberger

  SW Virginia
  '96 R1100RT

  I'll give Dunlop the benefit of the doubt here.  The tires I bought were
  among the first in the country.   I know that tire companies are constantly
  fooling with rubber compounds.  MeZ4s are much longer lasting than they used
  to be.  My new RT came with a set that lasted 8K....unheard of in the past.
  They worked much better than I'd remembered too.

BMW gets a unique MEZ4, denoted by a letter suffix on the name, if I
recall correctly, so their life may not be typical of a standard MEZ4.

- --
Bob
     Eventual Master of the Obvious
      R1200GS   GSXR1100WS   CB750F
       DoD   EMOTO BMWMOA   SOHC4

Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun.