From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Steve Makohin
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 10:24 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tell me about RAM GPS Mounts

Hello Tandy,

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Tandy Bozeman" <tkbozeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 10:40 AM

> I am the poor but proud owner of a new Garmin 276C GPS and am considering
> the purchase of a RAM mount system to mount the unit on my 96 R1100RT,
> 95R1100RS, and 89 Transalp (using a different base for each). I am
> considering the RAM mount because it, unlike some other mounts, is less
> expensive than the GPS itself (almost not a joke).

I have a Touratech GPS mount for my StreetPilot III on my R1100S
(http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gps_mounts.html#065-0039), and I am very
happy with it. At US$90, it's way below the price of a GPS. I hate
Touratech's we site (www.touratech.com), but the guys there are awesome.
When I was considering buying their mount, I told them my criteria and they
told me they were in the prototype stage of a new mount. They even sent me
images of the prototype to help me decide if I wanted to buy the older
design right away (as I did), or if I wanted to wait a few weeks for the new
design.

- -Steve
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada