From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Gary Bechtold
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 10:34 AM
To: oilheads-digest
Subject: Exhaust Systems
Last year I tried the Two brothers "Cat Eliminator" system on my '94 RS.
It seemed a little stronger in the mid range, but it was so loud that I
found that the performance was reduced - here's why: anytime I was in town
or populated areas I had to use VERY light throttle and go UP a gear or two
to keep the noise down. Whenever I went by a cop I pulled in the clutch
and let the bike coast by. It was louder than any Harley I've heard, and
the sound quality was "meaner" than a Harley. I like to run down to Deals
Gap in the Smokies every summer and I wouldn't want to cruise through the
smaller southern towns with the Two Bros. system !!!
I put the Two Brothers on Ebay a few weeks ago and it was quickly snapped
up so I was able to recoup about 3/4 of my money. I'm back to a stock
exhaust system which I also purchased on Ebay because after 115k miles my
original was worn out. Now I can ride the bike anyway I want - it's much
"stealthier" and doesn't draw the attention of cops.
Gary Bechtold
'94 RS "Tyrohustler II" beta bike
tyrohustler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx