Re: Master Cylinder Leak

 > called Hammersly and got their answering machine which stated they were
 > too busy to answer the phone. (Is this their usual way of doing
 > business?)  Luckily, I called back a few hours later, they had one in

Gee, I wish more businesses would do that.   I don't mind waiting on the
phone, but it irks me no end when I'm at a parts counter and have to wait
as caller after caller interrupt my transaction.

I think callers get precedence in most places because the business has
determined that an in-the-flesh customer is less likely to leave and
go somewhere else than a caller.   On at least one occasion I've left
a place with goods on the counter, transaction half completed, because
the clerk decided that a phone call was more important.

// marc (I'm not called an old curmudgeon for nothing :-)