Re: Cracked system bag hook

In a message dated 7/20/2004 8:49:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tony P" <tonyuss@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>I just cracked the hook on the right system bag on my R1100RS.  I went
>over a bump & heard the crack.  The worst part was the bag was empty.
>Anyone want to sell a right side bag for a R1100RS or RT?  I need the
>complete bag or just the inner half without the cover.  My next option
>is to call BMW to see if I can purchase the inner half only.  Something
>tells me I will be buying the whole bag at a ridiculous price.
>
>Tony
>1997 R1100RS red

Tony are you talking about the two fingers that come down and hook the bag onto the bracket?  you can buy these new for about $160  at bobs.  It is the entire locking mechanisum.  It requires drilling out the pop rivets and putting the new guts in with new pop rivets, plus changing out the lock which is not too hard, once you hold you tounge just right.

Paige

Ps If you want more details write me off list and I can answer questions...