Re: Head shake

In a message dated 7/20/2004 1:37:40 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Ken_Ahrweiler@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>my rear wheel broke loose after going over a small patch of oil. I
>hit the rear break to scrub off some speed and immediately went into
>head shake tank slapper

On a side-note, it sounds as if hitting the rear brake might have been the
cause of your particular problem. This incident is akin to hitting a couple of
tar snakes while in a curve... it's unnerving, but requires nothing more from
the operator than to maintain speed and directional stability. Applying the
rear brake will result in the rear tire grabbing as it leaves the loose surface
and comes in contact with the pavement again... an (almost) guaranteed
high-side.

Brian in Boulder
'01 R1150GS
'02 WR426F