Re: oil consumption

>     Re: Oil consumption Queston
>     >  My question is:
>
>  Since my 600 mile service and oil change, I've
> added a
>  little more than 1.5 quarts of oil. This seems
>  excessive to me. Is it normal?
>   >>

Probably normal - I think the rings in my R1100S
finally seated at about 12 - 16K. I just did the first
oil change after fixing a leak around the sight-glass,
so I won't know for sure for another 2K miles or so.
The consumption *seemed* to be slowing after the
longish brisk ride to the MOA rally and before the
sight-glass leak occurred at about 14K.

Rings seemed to be seating on my F650CSA at around
7500 miles. (long story about strange oil pressure
problem and pump failure before and after I sold the
bike)

Cheers!
Steve
'99 R1100S