RE: Oil consumption question

My oilhead used a lot of oil when I bought it used at 18k miles.  I ran the
crap out of it on dino oil until the consumption stopped then switched to
Redline.  Uses next to none now.  I suspect your consumption is on the high
side.  If your seat of the pants feel tells you that your motor has loosened
up (you can tell!) then run it a bit harder.  I deliberately flogged mine
(at 18k miles mind you) to make sure it was broken in before I thought about
investigating high oil consumption.  You may have to flog yours as well,
just be sure to use either break in instructions by the book first and don't
forget your seat of teh pants feel for the motor loosening up.

Duke